Your chance to make a good first impression.
Did you know… a recent survey found that 75% of Web users admit to making judgments about the credibility of a company based on the appearance of its website
Here are our ten tips
- Lack of company information: Customers want to know the basics about you. For example email address, phone number, and postal address. Now days you can link to Google maps to ensure your customers find you.
- Websites that aren’t updated: 73% of Web users say that knowing a website is frequently updated with new information is a big factor in their choice. Your customers will notice.
- A website that isn’t easy to navigate: 77% of Web users say they won’t stay at a website that they find it hard to navigate. Get feedback from friends and family.
- Shout loud: Using trusted logos is good. Make sure they know whom you are working; partners, qualifications etc. are accredited organizations.
- Professional website design: You must ensure your website is clear and well presented. Customers know when your website has been botched!
- Make it easy on the customer: Huge fonts, small fonts or too many different fonts don’t make your site look good. Avoid spelling errors. Keep it clean, simple and easy to read.
- Word of mouth: Feedback and Testimonials use them. Most people trust fellow customers more than they trust ‘experts’. Collect a few short quotes from previous clients and put them on your site.
- Consistency: Aim for consistency across your website. Different colours, looks etc. can confuse and disengage customers.
- FAQ page: Everyone is a winner! Customers want their questions answered quickly and having an FAQ section on your website could save you valuable time too.
- Absence of policies: 54% people who shop online say they now take notice of policies on privacy, returns and other matters.